Thursday, 17 September 2015

Throwback Thursday...

Sup!?!

So keeping this whole love vibe going on my blog I decided to show myself some love for once. This is all in keeping with a blog post that I have coming up soon about self-love which I think is very important. I thought a fun way to do this would be in the form of a big old throwback Thursday! I am guna share with you guys some of my most favourite blog photos everrr and a little sentimental note on why that post was a fav! So here goes...

To start with are a couple of shots from my first time at LFW which seems fitting as it is almost that time of year again! I loved these shots because I felt really cool that day. I know how uncool it is to say you felt cool but I rarely ever feel cool soooo whatevs imma celebrate it when I do! I loooved how my blue hair looked slicked back which is not what I had planned to do with my hair that day. The sunglasses were my mates because I failed to bring any and my makeup had ran down my face from squinting in the sun. The jumpsuit had ripped down the inside of my leg despite it being the first time I had worn it. My shoes were killing me and the leather was hot as hell. But I felt cool and now when I look back at the photos I don't think of all the fails of the day but just how bloody cool I felt!



These next shots were from my 2nd time at London Fashion Week and are in my selection of favs not only because I was wearing my favourite brand Lazyoaf but because it was the first time I had been invited to a show at Fashion Week. I actually got a proper invite to a proper fashion show and although I felt totalllyyyy out of place when I got there my mantra was "fake it til ya make it honey" so I walked around like I owned the place, drank the free champagne and took my goodiebag on the way out with all the other fashionistas! Look how happy I look :)




This next photo is a favourite because even though I wasn't happy with how I looked I made myself go out and shoot this outfit for my blog because the dress is from my all time fav designer Coco Fennell and the coat I had lusted after for aaaages and then the boyf surprised me with it for Christmas. I kept telling myself the photos would not turn out as awful as I thought they would. I was right. I look fine. The clothes look fabulous and it is one of my favourite outfits to look at still to this day!


These next couple of photos are in my top 2 favourite outfits I have ever worn and shot for my blog ever ever amen. I LOVE pastels and so you can see why I would love this look. It is also my favourite because it's the best my body has ever looked in photos. I was going to the gym every day of the week and when I look back at these shots I can see how much it was paying off. I find it hard to say I love myself out loud but in these pics I fucking LOVE myself. haha....



This photo I love because it was the best my hair had felt in a very long time after all the bleaching a blue dye etc. I also am just really proud of it as a look. I put it together as a part of my Autumn Lookbook for my youtube channel and I really wanted a girly, sexy outfit that looked super Autumnal and I think I achieved it with this!


These next few photos are from my very first ever day at LFW. Need I say more?! I had no idea what to expect and the second I arrived I felt like a celeb. Me and my bestie Cal could not believe the attention I received as soon as I hit those cobbles. People were complimenting me left right and centre and taking a million photos of me and it felt amazing! I really loved the outfit I wore too it was pastel perfection. Also, I got to meet some of my fav bloggers including the amazing Laura....




So when I said earlier I had 2 favourite blog posts of all time I meant the pink outfit and then this outfit. I love them both equally for totally different reasons. This post included my Nan's old suitcase, my favourite dress in the entire world and a hairstyle I had always wanted to try out that went even better than planned because of my dry bleached hair! I had a vision for how I would post this dress as soon as I bought it. I wanted it to be like an old fashioned housewife waving goodbye to her hubby as he leaves for war. I wanted blossom in the background and the focus to be the hair and the dress. This is one of the only posts ever to be shot by someone other than myself. I dragged the boyf out to shoot it and I was sooooo happy with how they turned out. I entered the photos into a competition ran by Coco Fennell who made this dress and I won! I never win anything! I got to choose anything from her website and it was just....amazing....




Next up is one of my first ever OOTD posts. When I look at this photo I still remember how great I felt in that outfit. I had bought it all that same day with the idea of putting it altogether and taking photos of it and I was really pleased with how it turned out for how inexperienced I was...


Next is another load from LFW. These are in with my favs because I just really loved that outfit! I had not planned what I was going to wear this day so I just shoved on something comfy and warm and went off to meet my mates there. The trousers were my Nan's many years ago and again I couldn't believe how many people wanted to take photos of me that day. I felt like a colourful, blue haired Princess....with a ghetto edge...have you seen the size of my chains?!?!



This tiny pathetic photo is in here for a few simple reasons. Firstly, I had literally just gone blonde and even though it was orangey still i bloody loved it! Secondly, I bought myself this sequin dress from Topshop and it was the first item of clothing, back then, that I had bought for myself from myself for over £100 just for no reason other than that I loved it. Lastly, as you can see the floor is awful and that is because me and the boyf were moving in together for the first time and were decorating our new place. Happy times!


Ahhhh this photo....
This photo was taken the day I dyed my hair blue at home over the bathroom sink. I loved it SO much instantly. I felt like a superhero. I felt sooooo me! I rushed over to my camera and started snapping photos so that I could share my new hair with you guys asap! My favourite hair obvs is in with my favourite posts...


 These photos are some of my favourites because not only are they super colourful but I was soooo smitten with this co-ord. I had seen it on Topshops website for an age but couldn't afford it and by the time I got paid I could only get my hands on the skirt. I grabbed it but pined for the matching shirt. It had sold out everywhere! Gutted! I searched Ebay for it for so long after that and one fateful day there it was! However, it was a size 8 which I defo was not. I bought it because I thought trying it on was better than never knowing and lo and behold it fit! IT FIT! I HAD THE CO-ORD! EXCITEMENT! How sad is my life?!....





Another body-loving moment here. I was so unhappy with the way I looked for ages after I had to dye my hair dark again. I just felt ugly. I kept going to the gym hoping that at least if my body looked great I wouldn't mind so much about hating my head. I didn't think it was working until just before my birthday. I went shopping with a friend and tried on this whole outfit in Zara, somewhere I never usually shopped. I felt soooo good! I was sizes smaller than I thought I was and I felt really proud. These photos made me look at myself in a different light and so I love them for that!



This last photo is in amongst my favourites because even though the outfit itself wasn't particularly special I had made a breakthrough in my blogging universe. I had been given a new lense for my camera and also a filter for it. I put it on and this was one of the first photos I took with it. It looked so clear and so professional to me compared to what I had been doing before. I was in love with my camera and photography all over again. It made me learn more about my camera and try new things with it and so I love this post because it reminds me of how far I have come as a blogger!



So there you have it! My Throwback Thursday! As I said at the start of this post I have a really important, honest post coming soon about self-love that I hope you all read and whilst typing nice things about myself on here still feels very odd- it shouldn't do! There is nothing wrong with giving yourself credit more often and praising what you are proud of! There is nothing wrong with love of any kind!

Which post out of these if your favourite?! Let me know in the comments and I hope you all keep your eyes peeled for my next few posts!

Peace & lots of love xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment