Tuesday, 28 January 2014

Say Hello to Snuffles....

Hello Everyone!
 
So one of my new years blogging resolutions was to start doing more lifestyle type posts just so that all of my lovely followers can get to know me a little bit better. I thought a lovely way to kick start that would be with a post about something very close to my heart. That something is very very small, very very soft and very very cute! Is it just me or did the word "very" just lose all meaning!?!
 
What am I going on about? I hear you all cry! Well I am of course talking about Snuffles. Snuffles is mine and my boyfriends Russian dwarf hamster. I love her. Let me tell you the story of how Snuffles entered our lives.
 
Once Upon a Time...
 
So this one random day I went to Boots to get a few bits and where I live Boots is like right next door to Pets at Home. I have an unbelievable obsession with bunny rabbits recently. As soon as Ben and I have our own home we are having house bunnies. Ben has no choice in this. Anyways so I always pop in to Pets at Home to look at the bunnies if I'm nearby (is that weird?!) and I was taking photos of this one beautiful bunny and sending them to Ben like "errmmaagaahhd can we pleeease have a bunny now!?"
 
I don't know if you know but...
 
Pets at Home have a little section for animals that are up for adoption. These animals can be there due to illness, someone buying them then returning them or just simply not being bought in time. Snuffles had sadly not been bought in time. Which is weird because did I mention she is VERY VERY CUTE!!! Anyhoo I went over to the adoption section and all of the animals were sleeping. I was reading all of their names and saw that one of the dwarf hamsters was called Snuffles. Obvs I thought that was adorable and so I was all like "hey Snuffles! what a cute name!" and she literally came straight out of her bed and ran up to the glass where I was standing. Here are the actual photos of her when we first met....
 


 
It was love at first sight...
 
So ben is pretty used to me coming home after being in Pets at Home talking about a particular animal that stole my heart but this was different. I called him straight away and just said "I am adopting a hamster ok?!" Of course he thought for a second that I was joking and then realised I was deadly serious. I cant describe it but I just had to take her home with me. The entire time I was near her cage she was up against the glass. If I walked away she went back to bed. I told Ben he had to come and meet her and sent him those photos.
 
Did I mention I am Dr. Dolittle...
 
I have some strange connection with animals. Every time I go to a zoo or an aquarium or a farm the animals flock to me. No joke. Anyone who has been to one of these places with me has said it. The animals come up to the glass and don't leave until I leave. If I go back, they come back to me. Its weird. Kinda cool though! Anyway Ben came to the shop and fell in love with Snuffles too. We spoke to the staff about her and about our home and how we would care for her. The deal was done. Snuffles had just not been bought when the rest of her litter had been and she was too "old" to be kept with the new litter. She was so gentle and tame when the worker checked if she was a girl that we loved her even more. Because she was up for adoption we didn't have to buy her but we were asked to make a donation to the charity that run Pets at Home's adoption section. We were happy to and thought it was such a good idea.
 
Spoilt Brat...
 
I of course bought the entire shops worth of treats and toys and a pink cage as soon as her sex was confirmed. I felt like after being cast aside and kept alone she deserved spoiling. We have had Snuffles in our lives since December 3rd. It was a quick, impulsive decision made for all the right reasons and we don't regret it one bit! Without Further ado...
 
Say Hello to Snuffles...
 
This was taken the first time she went in her exercise ball...

And these were all taken tonight...





OHHHHHH JUST LOOK AT HER! ILDHWJSAKLBCKLJEB\SDK!
 
Enough cooing Jessica! But seriously I wasn't lying when I said how cute she was, was I!!?!
 
I know this is totally different to most of my usual posts but all of my favourite bloggers are "all rounder's" with their outfit posts, beauty posts, lifestyle posts and How To's. I am trying to be more well rounded.
 
I hope you like it and I have a couple of other posts ready to go about Snuffles in the near future like a "tour of my home" where I show you how cute her house is and a "playtime" post full of hilarious shots of Snuffles playing with all of her different toys and treats. If they are something you would be interested in seeing and reading please do let me know in the comments below! Might be good for any of you who were thinking of getting a small pet or already have a small pet too!
 
I look forward to hearing what you all think of my little Snuffle Wuffles (that's what I call her when i'm being a soppy twat) and please check out my last post which was 2 ways to wear a dungaree dress. Both are firsts for me in terms of blog posts. Help me to become an "all rounder".
 
Peace, Love and super cute tiny pets xxx

4 comments:

  1. awhhh that little face! she looks like she has bundles of personality and her name is absolutely adorable! I have a dwarf lop rabbit called Parsnip and i have an obsession with bunnies too; i can never resist Pets at Home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) she really does have loads of personality she is a little diva haha xx

      Delete
  2. aww cuteness overload! and you have a great blog! mind to check out mine? maybe we can follow each other :)

    www.thebeautyyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete