Monday, 21 January 2013

Leibster Awarrrrrrdssss...

Hello Lovely Ladies and Gorgeous Gentlemen,
I am super duper excited about being nominated for the Liebster Awards and so i think it is only right to answer the questions from each nominator, to show my gratitude :)
This time i shall be responding to the nomination from the lovely Alice May and her wonderful blog: http://alicemaydear.blogspot.co.uk/
And also the gorgeous Josie and her super blog:
The rules are as follows:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions from the person that nominated you
3. Nominate 11 new blogs (with under 200 followers) and ask them 11 questions. (for this bit see my previous post about the Liebster Awards)

                             
          


11 Random Facts About Me!

1. I LOVE Barry M nail polishes in every colour...but i bite my nails so they are almost always chipped :(

2. I naturally have dark curly hair, blue eyes and pale skin with freckles :)

3. I LOVE SNOW!!!!

4. I do this thing sometimes where i go on a clothes website and pretend i have all the money in the world, putting everything i like in the bag just to see how much it would all come to LOL

5. My party trick is that i can make my pupils dilate.

6. My other party trick is that i can make each indivdual toe dance on its own....both hilarious and disturbing!

7. I performed a walkabout act that i created at the Olympics London 2012 :)

8. I have a MASSIVE sweet tooth!!! where are the cakes?

9. I have been a dancer since i was 4 years old and i met my best friend at a Stage School when she volunteered to show me around!

10. I have a weakness for anything lacy, pastel coloured, sparkly or fluffy.

11. My first tattoo will be for my nan and at the ripe old age of 70 she will get her first for me, with me :)


Alice May's Questions for me!

1. If you could live in a different era, which era would it be? GAAAHH THIS IS SOOO HARD FOR ME! If i was pushed to answer it would have to be the 70s...you see i have grown up listening to Motown and Disco and my all time favourite song is Candi Stattons Young Hearts Run Free because it reminds me of being young and surrounded by family! Also, i am still a bit of a hippy! I love plaited hair and floral print soooo 70's for me! (good question girrrl!)

2. You can have one designer bag- which one? A black, quilted, vintage chanel or an Alexander Mcqueen Skull Knuckle Duster Clutch in red or purple!

3. If you could own anyone's wardrobe in the world, who's would it be? I actually quite like my own wardrobe but if i had to pick it would be either of my nan's wardrobes when they were my age! Such trend setters!

4. When you're feeling blue, what movie do you stick on? A Disney movie! My favs are Aladdin, Sword in the Stone because Merlin is jokes, Beauty and the Beast or Hercules!

5. What's your worst fashion sin you have committed? Im actually quite proud of all the crazy things i have worn in the past even if they were awful to everyone else! However, those odd trouser/skirt things we all wore when we were younger are just plain strange!

6. If you could bring back a style, what would it be? Ooohh this is exciting! I would LOVE if the 70s hippy style came back around or the 60s punk chick style!

7. Apart from fashion, what do you also find interesting? Photography, Costume Design, Special FX Makeup, Making Installations and Performing.

8. Primark; handy or horrid? A little while ago i would have said handy all the way but recently i find it more horrid :(

10. Who is your style icon? A bit of an obvious one but i love how feminine and sexy Marilyn Monroe always looked- never hiding her fabulous curves! Someone more recent is Paloma Faith because she takes risks and has fun with fashion but yet again my style icons are my nans and their sisters, they always looked fabulous!

11. What trend are you loving at the moment? At the moment i am loving the slouchy, urban trend that came along with Rita Ora...Big slouchy cardi's, colourful Beanies etc

12. Predict the next big trend. Dungarees of all shapes, sizes and colours! This may be just because im loving mine at the moment but i do keep seeing pinafore dresses everywhere and so bring on the dungys!!

 
 
 
Josies Questions for me!

1. What do you enjoy most about blogging? The recognition i guess. Getting lovely comments on my style, work and photography isnt quite the same from family members- they have to be nice to me, so getting them from strangers and knowing they want to follow me is a lovely thing! Very encouraging!

2. What is your favourite season? I love the warmth of summer, the blossoms in spring, the colours of Autumn but Winter is my favourite! Hot chocolates, cosy jumpers, comfy boots, snuggling in the warm and helloo?! CHRISTMAS!!

3. Who is your fashion/beauty inspiration? I take inspiration from everyyywheree!

4. Why did you start blogging? I just wanted to share my work and passions with as many people as possible because it means so much to me!

5. What is your favourite type of blog post to do? I get a special kind of excitment from sharing my photographs and my work with people but i think my favourites are my outfit posts!

6. If you could go anywhere, where would you go? Ive got this current obsession with Thailand!!! It looks painfully beautiful and i dream of riding an elephant through a waterfall there! One day...

7. What is your favourite song? Young Hearts Run Free by Candi Statton! Reminds me of family party buffets and dancing so close to the smoke machine at the disco that i end up with a sore throat!

8. Who is your favourite blogger? I dont have a favourite, sorrryy! I like so many for so many different reasons!

9. What is your favourite book? Where Rainbows End by Cecilia Ahern! So beautiful it made me laugh and cry! Closely followed by The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak...so wonderful and so different!

10. What is your guilty pleasure? The usuals...shopping, chocolate and any kind of cake!

11. What is your favourite beauty/fashion tip? Dry shampoo for day old hair= volume and nice smell! Always put on moisturiser before you apply makeup for a more even coverage and no dry bits and when it comes to fashion dont care about the critics, wear what suits you, wear what your comfy in and dont be afraid to stand out!

THATS ALL FOLKS!
Thank you again to the wonderful Alice May and Josie for their nominations and great questions!

Peace, Love and Nominaatiiooonnssss xx


 


3 comments:

  1. I think we might be twins, you answered all my questions like the same as I would. Defiantly visiting your blog regularly! Lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyoooou kirstyb :)

    Great minds think alike I guess Alice may ;) haha thank you

    Xx

    ReplyDelete